Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Light the Night walk raising money for Lymphoma and Leukemia



Two big things are happening in my world! One, I have signed my Student Council and myself up to to do the Light the Night walk supporting the Lymphoma and Leukemia foundations. It is going to take place on September 20 and I have set a goal to raise $250 dollars. I am hoping that my kids can raise $1,500. So why am I putting this all on a blog post? I am seeking out your donations. Remember no donation is too small because every penny counts in this battle!



Clearly, the walk takes place at night, hence the name. Something they do in memory for those who have lost the battle or survived the battle with cancer is fill out a luminary. This luminary has the person's name on it. The luminaries line the walkway and it is a very beautiful sight. If you donate 10 dollars or more you can have one. If you would like to have a luminary for a loved one of yours, you can leave a comment with the person's name or if you wish to keep it private, email me at mf060784 at gmail dot com. My fundraising page is here.


Money isn't everything though, your well wishes and thoughts also mean a lot and go a long way! Or find a walk near you and create your own team!


So my second big thing isn't as big as the first - It's the blog hop. I need about ten more people to reach my goal. I have it in my head that if I have 20 people that it will be successful. It's a book giveaway hop. You can have a contest, give away an e-book, a gift certificate, a critique of a Q letter, whatever suits your fancy. If you are interested in this - it's going to be the last week in Sept - email me at mf060784 at gmail dot com.







No comments:

Post a Comment