Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Dead Girls's Dance by Rachel Caine



Claire has her share of challenges. Like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains; homicidal girls in her dorm, and finding out that her college town is overrun with the living dead. On the up side, she has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, hell is really going to break loose.

I had the same feelings about this one as I did the first one. I liked it but I am not really sure why I liked it. I don't feel "complete" but I need to know more.

In the summary, it leads you to believe that the dance is going to be a big part of the book... it's not. In fact, it was in there for, oh, um, 15 pages? Title significance - not so much.

But on to the review. (OK...I am starring at the screen because I am not sure what to write.) (Still starring). OK - Shane's dead - has not grieved for his family and he is a total butthead in the novel...even at the end, no change of heart, just a butthead. I feel bad for Shane; he's lost his whole family and then his dad tries to take away his friends.

Shane and Claire are cute. I love that he is controlled about their relationship because she is so naive in these stories. Her character has settled in though. I felt in the first book, that her character was being pushed in one direction that it just wasn't meant to be push in. However, in this one, Claire, is strong-willed, resourceful, does some growing up and remains so throughout the book.

I really like the character of Michael. He's a great "big brother" type and well developed. Eve on the other hand - not so developed for me... kind of stereotypical...

Again, a great story line - but it didn't move for me while I was reading it, but I liked the ending. It felt like I finally got to a part and was like: "Now this is good!"

Some quick thoughts:**SPOILERS*
Michael with fangs - kinda hot
Shane's a boyfriend of mine now
Amelie shouldn't be trusted - but she should be trusted more than Oliver
Where did Eve's brother go?
Claire's parents..what? Forgot to pick up their kid?
Monica is such a BEEP

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. This series sounds like just a fun little read. :)

    And you are very welcome for the blogging friendship. :) Thank you as well!

    ReplyDelete